We can help. Ideas for Activities. Activity wise, theres lots on offer in Kilkenny for example.
- Ann Summers Demo: Enjoy an afternoon filled of fun, cheeky antics and all things girly! If you are looking for a Hen Party experience where you and your girls can let loose then the Ann Summers Demo is just for you. Get a look at the current range of dress up, lingerie & toys! Play some fantastic games and make the bride-to-be the centre of attention! The Hen gets a free gift & you can order your favourite pieces from the rep on the day please bring a little extra cash! Demo lasts 2 hours!
- Dance Class: Have a dance class in one of Kilkenny’s top bars for your Hen. Here your top dance instructor can show your groups how to Salsa, Hip-hop, Bollywood, Burlesque or Irish dance in a private area for your group. There is plenty of space on the dance floor to practice and lots of groups end up using all their moves on the dance floor that night! These classes are good fun, easy going and a good way for everyone to get to know each other.
- Cocktail Class: Or if your group would prefer a cocktail option, they can organise a cocktail class in one of Kilkenny’s top bars. They will have a cocktail area ready for your hen. The class lasts for about an hour and a half, with your own personal bar man showing you all the tricks of the trade. Everyone gets a go making a cocktail and of course there is plenty of sampling and cocktails for the group! It’s a great way to spend the afternoon and a great icebreaker as well.
- Pole Dancing: Try something really different for the hen and have a pole dancing class! Held in Kilkenny town centre, this class will have you laughing as well as shimmying around the pole. No experience needed and plenty of craic to be had.
- Karaoke & Cocktails: Murder the classics here in this cool city centre bar. You get your own area upstairs in a top Kilkenny bar, in house DJ to MC the activity and of course cocktails for the group – just so the throat doesn’t go dry after all the singing. (Lasts 90 – 120 mins with a min 15 people.)
- Tarot Readings: Want to learn something about your future? We have a psychic medium available who will read the cards for you. (10 min reading for every member of the group.)
- Pottery Class: A lovely relaxing afternoon for any hen party, this class lasts approx. 2-hours and is held in a Kilkenny city centre location. Everyone paints their own mug or bowl and they are fired in the kiln also. The hen also gets a special keepsake plate signed by everyone as a memento. If you feel like bringing a bottle of wine along, glasses will be provided. ;0)
- Photoshoot: Let our photography team make you feel like a star for the afternoon with this professional photoshoot. Dress to impress, have a theme, or just have a lot of craic during this afternoon activity. Group and individual pictures can be taken, you decide! A CD of photos will be sent on afterwards.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting: For the civilised group! ;0) This is an extremely popular activity for our groups. No experience necessary for this great fun afternoon with the right balance between outdoors, but not getting sweaty!
- Hurling Experience – Try your hand at Hurling in the County that produces the best hurlers. (No we’re not from Kilkenny!). Have a drink first and learn about the history of the game and the basics of how the fastest ball sport on the planet is played. Then head off the local pitch to have a go yourself! Perfect for any sports mad Hen.
- Archery & Target Practise: Ever wanted to try archery but never got the chance? Well now you can! Enjoy a session at this purpose built complex followed by target practice with real guns. Indoors so your hair won’t get wet. (SO important!) No experience necessary for this activity and a lot of fun to be had.
- Photobooth: a photo booth lasting an hour, props provided for mad poses. An unlimited number of photos can be shot with double prints of each photo taken. The bride-to-be gets a USB chip with copies of absolutely everything – every photo – everything recorded. Finally, the bride-to-be gets one of 3 options a. one print of each photo with message from everyone on the hen inside or b. a mounted photo collage framed with messages from everyone on the hen party or c. one large photo of the hen framed with messages from everyone on the hen party.
- Paintball: If something boozy isn’t your thing we can also organise an afternoon of paintball for your group! This paintball company are legendary in the Kilkenny area and you might even meet a Stag party out there. ;0) They are located just 40 mins from Kilkenny City and you will get entry, equipment and 200 paintballs for each player. If you run out you can buy more on the day out there for just a tenner. It’s a great ice breaker for groups and a fun way to vent before the night ahead…
- Paint a Nude: A unique and fun experience for the hen, paint a live male nude model! No experience necessary and this class is held in a top Kilkenny bar in your own private area. A different and relaxing option for a hen party.
- Sculpt a Naked Guy: Get down and dirty with a clay session. One nude male model provided and off you go – it’s in your hands. How big to make it? Well that’s entirely up to you! Quick drying clay means you can bring it home to take pride of place on your mantelpiece! (min 15 people).
- CSI- Save the Groom: We love this activity! The “Best Man” films the groom getting ‘kidnapped’ on his phone (or they can just read this bit out!). On the day your group is taken along to a café/bar, where the hen will be met by a professional actor playing the Gardai Inspector who will show the group the tape (or read out the story). Your teams become detectives and must then set off and follow at trail of clues to rescue the groom before the big day. The winning team will win a bottle of Bubbly. Fantastic fun! (Min 12 people.)
- Mobile Music Studio: Enjoy a recording session with all your favourite ladies in a mobile recording studio! Record as many songs as you like. Get a video and pictures of all the performances afterwards. 3 people can record while 10 watch on! (Min 10 people, lasts 2 hours.)
And after your activity it is off out for dinner and the big night ahead! Dinner is in one of Kilkenny’s best-known restaurants called Ripley’s www.ripleys.ie. It’s right in the centre of town and near everything offering a set menu with 3 courses and 3 choices within each course. A really nice restaurant in town, I have eaten there many times myself, and they have great bar and cocktail making facilities with a lovely view onto the street.
After that dinner (you will probably be leaving Ripley’s about 8.00p.m.) it’s off to Matt the Millers for some more shots and drinkies www.mattthemillers.com . They have complimentary champagne for your group on arrival and a round of shots for everyone. The barmen have also been known to slip some extra drinkies to hen parties on the night! Matt the Millers is a great bar – loads of different sections to it, live music every weekend, lots of stag parties (!) and just a great atmosphere. And they really look after hens.
By 11.00p.m. it’s then time for a boogie! So, it’s onto Langton’s Nightclub for the last part of the evening where there will be dancing ’til late. It’s just around the corner from Matt the Millers and is the best club in Kilkenny – you have probably already heard of it. There is entry for the group there and they will provide a reserved seating area if you are in before 11.30p.m..
We at Polished offer Hen Pamper Parties in Kilkenny. We callout to your hotel room to do hair styling and blowdries, makeup or nails on your saturday afternoon so you can relax and enjoy a tipple and a giggle. Treatments take approx 30mins pp and up to 30 girls can be accomodated. 15 for hair 15 for makeup. Contact us on 0868439979 or www.polished.ie to find out more.